Xamarin is a software company that is based in San Francisco. It provides commercial software development tools that allow users to develop applications for Android, iOS, and Windows using C# language and the .NET framework. Xamarin is built on the .NET Framework. It allows one to create apps that easily run on multiple platforms. In this blog, we will share with you all the necessary information about how to install Xamarin in Windows and Mac systems.
System requirements for Windows are as follows:-
- A computer with at least 2GB of RAM and running Windows 7 or higher. Windows 8-10 is generally highly recommended.
- Visual Studio 2012 Professional Or higher
- Xamarin for Visual Studio
System requirements for Mac are as follows:-
- A Mac computer running OS X Yosemite (10.10) or higher
- Xamarin iOS SDK
- Apple’s Xcode (7+) IDE and iOS SDK
- Xamarin Studio
Installation Procedure For Windows
Download the Xamarin Installer from https://www.xamarin.com/download. make sure you have installed Android SDK and Java SDK on your computer, before running the Xamarin Installer.
Run the downloaded installer and follow these steps:-
- Click the Next button to accept the agreement when the Xamarin license agreement screen appears.
- The installer will search for any missing components and prompt you to download and install them.
- Click the Close button to exit after the Xamarin installation is complete.
- Get ready to start using Xamarin and to make interesting applications using it.
Installation Procedure For Mac
- Download the Xamarin Studio Installer on your Mac system.
- Run the Xamarin installer you downloaded and follow the steps given in the Installation Wizard.
- After the installation is complete, you can start using Xamarin on your system.
We are sure this blog has definitely helped you installing Xamarin on your system. Xamarin is a great software and will help you a lot in application development. If you have any other question related to it, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments.