Q1. What exactly is Xamarin?
Xamarin is a tool which is used to build mobile applications. It was founded in May 2011 and in February 2016, it was obtained by Microsoft. It utilizes C# language to create mobile applications and then operates them on the most common platforms. A code is formed in Xamarin tool and the same code can be utilized on the three dominant mobile operating systems which are Android, IOS, and Microsoft. Xamarin is regarded to be one of the best cross-platform mobile application tools and is fancied by big companies like IBM, Microsoft, and Dow Jones.
Q2. What are some pros of Xamarin?
- One Technology Slack
- Performance As Good As The Native
- Traditional User Interface
- Hardware Support
- Open Source Library
- Easy Maintenance
Know more about the pros of Xamarin.
Q3. What are some popular mobile apps built using Xamarin?
- StoryO 2
- Just Giving
- The World Bank
- Olo: Online Food Ordering
- Insight App
- FreshDirect: Online Food Grocer
- Skull of the Shogun: Gaming App
- SuperGiant Games
- APX: Environment Asset Tracker
- Thermo Fisher Scientific: Research and Development
Know more about the apps that are built using Xamarin.
Q4. What are some cons of Xamarin?
- Pricing Strategy
- Size Of Application
- Manual Coding
- Limited Support System
- Ecosystem Problem
- Native Knowledge Required
- Not For Apps With Heavy Graphics
Know more about Xamarin cons.
Q5. How shared code Is organised inside Xamarin?
All files are shared projects that are compiled into each other target platform. You can create blocks of code with c#. For every platform, we can define these conditional compilation symbols through project build settings.
Find the detailed explanation about code sharing in Xamarin.
Q6. Why You Should Use Xamarin?
- Provides stable performance on iOS, Android and Windows phone
- Provides ability to create individual UI for different platforms.
- All native features are supported by xamarin
- Provide opportunity for high speed launching.
- With Xamari, it’s possible to display any amount of data.
Q7. What are some best books to learn Xamarin?
- iOS Development with Xamarin Cookbook by Dimitris Tavlikos. Find it on Amazon
- Mastering Xamarin.Forms by Ed Snider Find it on Amazon.
- Xamarin Essentials by Mark Reynolds. Find it on Amazon.
- Xamarin.Forms Kickstarter 2.0 by Falko Schindler. Find it on Amazon.
- Xamarin Blueprints by Michael Williams. Find it on Amazon.
Know more about the best books to learn Xamarin.
Q8. What are the minimum system requirements for Xamarin?
- Platform SDKs from Apple and Google to target iOS or Android
- Latest iOS SDK, which requires an Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.8.
- Visual Studio Extensions for iOS and Android support any non-Express editions of Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013.
Q9. Does it support Windows App development?
Yes! Windows Phone and Windows 8 apps can be built in C#. Through code sharing, re-use, and by unifying mobile app development in C#, Xamarin support Windows app development.
Q10. Can Xamarin be used to develop hybrid apps?
Yes! It can be used to built both native as well as hybrid apps.
Q11. Which language is used?
Q12. Can third-party .NET libraries ne used in my app?
Yes! You can use third party .NET libraries in your app.
If you have any other questions, please contact us here.